Friday, February 20, 2009

A debate, open to all

Let's just say you were planning your fantasy backyard. You've got your gardens, you've got your patio spaces, you've got an area for sporting, an area for kids. And of course, you've got your sauna.

Life is good.

But let's just say you were in the planning stages. So you're thinking how do we do this with an eye towards both fun and savings? You turn to your old friend, the internet, and she presents you with this option:

The Barrel Sauna

Now, I myself have never stepped inside one of these, but I can see why they might be beneficial. No corners, less wasted space. But I can also see how they might be a bit cramped in there. Crouching around to get in and out, the possibility of whipping yourself with a leaf broom is minimal.

The sauna above boasts a 7' diameter, but most of the saunas I've found come in at 6' around. And while that's bigger than me, it doesn't look so impressive when this dude stands next to it.


But so affordable. And easily integrated with a wood-burning stove (essential). 

What does your gut say, dear friends? Have you been in a barrel sauna. Would you go in a barrel sauna?

No comments:

Post a Comment