Saturday, January 9, 2010

Korean Mist Room at Century Spa is an A+++

The redesign of the facilities at Century Spa are overall a 1000% improvement of what they were before. They spared no expense in this effort. You can read the details in an earlier entry, but what you need to know right now is that the Korean Mist Room is finally open, and that room alone is worth the $20 and fairly heavy presence of looky-loo gay dudes.

It's a rock room - small egg sized rocks sank into mortar - and it's heated with a sauna oven. And it's relatively small. It's about half the size of the weird, towel lined dry sauna they have there, room enough for 8 gentlemen max, I'd say. There's an unnecessary feature mounted on the ceiling: this weird, three nozzled mister which sends out hot mist. Weird, but not a detriment in any way. This room is HOT.

It's effectively a turkish sauna: radiant heat with high humidity. There aren't any faucets, but there is a cold shower.

Added plus: The cruisey gay dudes don't like this room so much. Too hot for them. I know because I asked them. Loudly.

It's my new tactic with dudes at Century. I talk really loud about how I like a really hot heat, how I like the Russian style heat, how I'm serious about this shit. For the furtive cruisey dude, volume and calling direct attention goes against their looky-loo code of creepiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment